Tuesday, 1 November 2016

My first ever ATC


Hello everyone :)
Do you have something what you always want to try but for some reason you 
always thought that you were not good enough and scared to even try?

For me it was mixed media.
It took me a long time to finally sit and properly check what its all about ;)
I used a mask/stencil before and did some tiny splashes
but never really put myself "there" because I always thought I'm not good enough.

Last weekend I made my first ever ATC using mixed media techniques from start to finish.


Gesso, gel mediums, modeling paste, sprays, inks, stamping, 
stencil, art stones, glass glitter, micro beads, metal embellishment... you name it...
I've tried it all. 


For half a day I was checking mediums... 
what they do, how they behave when they dry naturally and with a heat gun,
what the difference between gesso and gel is (matte & gloss), 
what kind of finish I could get with each of them
and how they absorb other mediums (sprays, inks etc.).
It was time consuming, however I learned a lot...
because watching tutorials on YouTube, as helpful as they are, is one thing 
but seeing things with my own eyes is completely different. 

From the beginning I knew that I would like to make something vintage
because I absolutely fell in love with this Wycinanka laser cut chipboard.
I primed my card, used a stencil to add a texture 
and stamped my background using black waterproof ink.
To get a vintage effect I used brown sprays and inks. 
To soften the image I used turquoise as well. 
I build colours layer by layer.


When I had my background ready I started to add embellishments...
cheesecloth, art stones, micro beads, glass glitter, laser cut chipboards
and metal elements.



I distressed the edges et voila :)

I have to admit... I loved every minute of creating this piece 
and I can understand why so many people love mixed media.
It is fun! 
So much so, that after this ATC I made 4 more :)
I will share them with you very soon.

I used:
4. Prima Garden Fable Stamp Set and others
5. Ranger Archival Ink
9. Prima - Tea Stain Bloom Spray
10. Cheesecloth
13. Finnabair Glass Glitter
17. Tim Holtz Distress Inks

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a lovely day,
Monika
xxx




12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! So impressed this is your first mixed media piece. You are definitely talented!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thank you so much Anjuli :) Your kind words mean a lot!!! Have a lovely day xxx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Monika, so much fabulous detail here, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Avril :) I'm so happy you like it! xxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful and love the background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning. Love all the different textures you have used xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie :) You are very kind xxx

      Delete
  5. Can´t believe it´s your first cutie!? It´s perfect in every way! Love the colour combo you used and the texture you achieved! Can´t wait to see your next creation! You´re very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Denise :) You are very kind!!! I can't believe myself! I'm addicted now ;) xxx

      Delete
  6. Cuuudowne! Wspaniałe się bawilaś mediami i efekt fantastyczny!

    ReplyDelete